With the bulk of business communications today being conducted electronically, Email has come under increasing scrutiny. Much of this scrutiny is aimed at regulated businesses such as those in financial services and healthcare, but messaging compliance extends to practically every size and type of organization. Whether your motivation is to lower your storage costs, address regulatory compliance, or meet timetables for legal discovery, integrated email archiving, retention, and discovery features in Microsoft Exchange 2010 can help your organization implement an effective email archiving and retention strategy.
Emails from the primary mailbox can be automatically offloaded to an online archive through various policies. Organizations can easily implement separate storage strategies for less frequently accessed email.
- Users can easily access their own email archives within their inbox.
- Automatic online archiving eliminates the need to store data locally, freeing up space and increasing performance.
- No disk space or time limitations for archives.
A familiar experience with Personal Archive appearing in Outlook Web App
Enables Exchange’s Legal Hold feature which allows for the preservation of a user’s edited and deleted mailbox items (email, appointments, tasks, etc.).
- Easy to search across multiple end-user mailboxes at once.
- Administrators and compliance officers have specific rights to perform multi-mailbox searches and other role-specific tasks.
- Monitor email to better address HR policies and other internal mandates.
- Up to 7 year retention period
Compliance tasks such as multi-mailbox search, legal hold as well as transport and journal rules can be delegated to authorized users through a simple, web-based control panel.
Archiving and Retention Simplified
There are likely many reasons your organization is seeking new and better ways to preserve and discover the critical business communications conducted over email. And because Exchange 2010 leverages a familiar messaging user experience, you can reduce the burden of compliance for users and administrators alike.
- Deliver a seamless experience without interrupting your users’ email workflow.
- Reduce costs and lower administrative overhead through integrated capabilities.
- Hostway makes it flexible. Archiving & Retention can be set on individual mailboxes or across the enterprise.
Whether your motivation is to lower your storage costs, address regulatory compliance, or meet time tables for legal discovery orders, the integrated email archiving, retention, and discovery features offered in Exchange 2010 can help address a wide range of compliance scenarios.