Protect Your Consumer's Financial Data with PCI Compliant Hosting
The PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) applies to any organization that stores, processes, or transmits credit or debit card information. Its purpose is to ensure that credit/debit card information and transaction information is kept safe at all times. PCI sets standards for encrypted transmissions, vulnerability scans, logical and physical access controls, activity monitoring, and more.
The information provided below is only a summary of PCI requirements and does not replace a full review of the PCI compliance standards.
|PCI Data Security Standard - High Level Overview|
|Build and Maintain a Secure Network||1. Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data
2. Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
|Protect Cardholder Data||3. Protect stored cardholder data
4. Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
|Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program||5. Use and regularly update anti-virus software or programs
6. Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
|Implement Strong Access Control Measures||7. Restrict access to cardholder data by business need to know
8. Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
9. Restrict physical access to cardholder data
|Regularly Monitor and Test Networks||10. Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
11. Regularly test security systems and processes
|Maintain an Information Security Policy||12. Maintain a policy that adresses information security for all personnel|
How Can Hostway Help?
PCI Complete combines expert personnel, PCI-specific procedures, and a full suite of network security technologies to help you address PCI compliance.
- Satisfies auditors, managers, and PCI reporting requirements
- Managed by security experts
- Documented PCI compliant processes and procedures
- Detailed and summary compliance reporting
- One low annual or monthly subscription fee
*PCI Complete does not address all PCI requirements. Some requirements must be handled by clients to ensure compliance.
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention System
- SSL and IPSec VPN
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Internal PCI Vulnerability Scanning
- External ASV Vulnerability Scanning
- Web Application Firewall
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Log Management and Monitoring