How Important Is Your Site?
When your business Web site provides mission-critical data or is your main revenue source, slow response times and potential hardware failures are not an option. Protect your business with a customized load balancing solution from Hostway.
If your entire Web site resides on a single server, it only takes one traffic surge to slow response times or a single hardware failure to bring your business to a halt. Load balancing eliminates both problems by using multiple servers to house your data. No single point of failure can bring your Web site down.
The Load Balancing Advantage
Load balancing spreads the work of your managed server among two or more servers, optimizing resources, output and response times. If your server fails in any way, requests are routed to other server(s) according to preset criteria - eliminating downtime.
Load balancing gives you:
- Failsafe performance that can't be achieved by a single server
- Faster system response times for a better customer experience
- Improved availability to critical applications
- Guaranteed server uptime
Two Reasons You Need Load Balancing:
- Cost effective load allocation – Expanding horizontally by balancing the load among servers is more reliable and cost effective than vertical scaling solutions
- Increased redundancy – Effective method of implementing a redundant system
An entry-level switch series, the ServerIron 4G series features the industry's most feature-rich and affordable switches with support for a broad range of IP-based applications. The ServerIron 4G series offers an integrated purpose-built Web Firewall to protect enterprises' Web-enabled applications from service disruption…
A virtual server is a highly scalable and available server built on a cluster of real servers that is fully transparent to end users, so the cluster system works like a single high-performance virtual server. The real servers and the load balancers may be interconnected by either high-speed LAN or by geographically dispersed WAN…